Our dedication to innovative and environmentally friendly cleaning and maintenance solutions results in superior environmental and health performance for our clients.
We have recently been awarded the contract for the brand new City of Raleigh Transit Operations Center, the very first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)-certified government facility in the nation! the LEED certification system was developed by the U.S Green Building Council (USGBC) in March of 2000 with an aim to provide facility owners and operators with a framework for implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions. Atlantic Building Solutions now partners with the City of Raleigh to help deliver on those solutions, with world-class facility maintenance and cleaning services designed to minimize environmental impact and maximize efficiency and improve health conditions for building occupants.
Some of the green building sustainable features of the new Transit Operations Center include:
- Geothermal wells provide high efficiency heating and cooling;
- Radiant floor heating is used in the large maintenance building to help maintain optimum thermal conditions;
- Reflective white roofs and concrete rather than asphalt paving minimizes the heat- island effect, reducing demand on air conditioning systems;
- Natural light through windows and skylights combined with sensors on the light fixtures reduce the amount of energy used for lighting the buildings;
- Water-saving plumbing fixtures and rainwater collection cisterns minimize water usage from the municipal system
Our Green Cleaning platform is based upon the requirements put in place by the USGBC, and is designed to provide optimal sustainability and efficiency for all our clients. We employ the use of CRI approved equipment, EPA certified products, along with GS-37 and GS-40 approved chemicals.
ABS is very excited at the opportunity to work with the City of Raleigh in maintaining this new state-of-the-art facility! For more information on the new Transit Operations Center in Raleigh, NC, click the link below.